Saturday, May 24, 2008

"What Could I Do?" -- What Can YOU Do?

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • S: Acts 26:15-19 (MSG)
  • O: "I said, 'Who are you, Master?'

    "The voice answered, 'I am Jesus, the One you're hunting down like an animal. But now, up on your feet—I have a job for you. I've handpicked you to be a servant and witness to what's happened today, and to what I am going to show you.

    "'I'm sending you off to open the eyes of the outsiders so they can see the difference between dark and light, and choose light, see the difference between Satan and God, and choose God. I'm sending you off to present my offer of sins forgiven, and a place in the family, inviting them into the company of those who begin real living by believing in me.'

    "What could I do, King Agrippa? I couldn't just walk away from a vision like that! I became an obedient believer on the spot.

  • A: Why can't we be like this today? Paul, a tormentor of Christians, answered the calling of Christ and "became an obedient believer on the spot." He followed God's direction and spread the story of Salvation to non-Jews. He became persecuted for his beliefs, just as he once persecuted Christians for their beliefs. Today, we hear the church calling us to serve in one way or another, but many find it so hard to answer with a YES. Our lives have become so hectic, so busy, that we don't have time for the One Person we should be devoting all of our time to: God. Can't we be more like Paul?
  • P: Father, I myself have found it easier at times to make excuses than to say YES. So many things cry for my attention that I fool myself into thinking that they are more urgent, that God will wait. But I know that You wait for no one. That You wait only until You decide the time is right. Lord, help me to get up and say YES. Move me, Lord.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.


No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store