Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fowl-Mouth Podcasters - You're Outta Here!

As I exercised my right to vote this morning, I exercised another right.

I was driving to the polling place with my son in the back seat. He always goes with me to vote. I was, as usual, listening to podcasts. At this particular time, I was listening to I Love The Company by That Guitar Man From Central Park. This was actual the first time I had ever listened to the show, upon the recommendation of a fellow podcaster. I was enjoying the show, the music was good, and my son loves listening to indie music and podcasts with me.

After a very enjoyable song, That Guitar Man was talking about an upcoming Christmas concert and, much to my surprise, said, "I don't know what the f--- we're going to do."

Excuse me?!? I can think of no situation whatsoever that could call for such casual use of the F-Bomb! I was enraged and embarrassed that my son had to be subjected so unexpectedly to such inappropriate language!

Bottom line: if your podcast isn't safe for my children's ears, you're outta here!

Sure, I could skip past the show when my son is in the car, or listen to these shows only when I'm in the car alone. But there are two problems with that. First, I don't want to have to monitor what I'm listening to so closely as to have to skip shows because my family is in the car with me. Second, and most importantly, I don't care to hear such mindless drivel myself.

So, podcasters, keep your subscribers, and drop the fowl language. Your show will only be better for it!

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store