Monday, September 3, 2007

Blue Screen of Death

In case you were wondering, the Blue Screen of Death lives on in Windows Vista. I haven't had the problem yet -- until today.

I walked into the room and saw the computer rebooting. When Windows Vista reloaded, I received this error message:



Notice that the Problem Event Name is Blue Screen. When I clicked the box marked "Check for Solution," I received this by my task bar:

So what solution did it find for me? None, really. Oh, Microsoft says that the error was caused by a "hardware problem."



Of course it was. Windows would never have an error that wasn't actually caused by something else, now would it? Of course not. The almighty Microsoft is, of course, without fault. This is the list of items that Microsoft claims could have been at fault:



Interesting list. Several mostly unrelated items, including the power source? Really!? What about the possibility that Windows Vista is sooo memory demanding on a system that it caused the problem itself?

I think that's much more likely. How about you?

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store