Thursday, April 6, 2006

Splish Splash


April showers may bring May flowers, but they sometimes bring something so much more fun, and without even having to wait.

After a night and day full of storms, my son and I donned our boots and headed out to do something every father should do with his son every chance he gets: puddle stomping! We made our way around the neighborhood two full times before packing it up and going in, my son soaked to his waist and me to my knees.

Every boy loves splashing in puddles. It's a shame we so often tell our boys that they can't be boys by telling them not to splash in puddles, when they can help us to be boys again by taking us out into the streets for a splash or two.

We had a great time today, my son and I, and it gives me a reason to look forward to the next rain instead of dreading it. When the rain stops falling, you can bet my son and I will be out kicking it right back up.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store