Sunday, April 2, 2006

Indiana Has Sprung

The state of Indiana has sprung forward for the first time, keeping pace with the rest of the Eastern time zone. As a result of the efforts of Indiana's first Republican Governor in several years, the entire state of Indiana now observes Daylight Saving Time, like most of the world. I'm originally from Cincinnati, so it was nothing new to me, but I can only imagine the thousands of people who will be late to work today or Monday with the time change taking the blame.

I'm a full supporter of Daylight Saving Time. In fact, I'm such a staunch supporter that I believe -- having just sprung forward -- we should never again fall back. Let's do away with the silliness of switching our clocks back and forth twice a year for no real valid reason and just leave them set ahead one hour, reaping the benefits of that extra hour of daylight year round.

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store