Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Said, NO Soliciting!

Twice today, people have come to my door peddling something that I would go out and get on my own if I really wanted it. Both times, when I told the unwanted solicitors trespassing on my property (it is posted PRIVATE PROPERTY, NO SOLICITING, NO TRESPASSING at the entrance to our subdivision) that I wasn't interested, they acted surprised, as if I must not understand what wonderful things they had to offer. One had the gall to ask me why, and the second suggested I stop taking drugs when I informed him that it was posted NO SOLICITING in the neighborhood.

This is more annoying than the phone call from the RNC that I mentioned in my earlier post, because these people clearly know where we live and could transact any sort of trouble if they had the desire to get revenge for being rejected. Not to mention that they interrupt dinner and other family activities and get our dogs excited and barking when they ring the doorbell.

Why must these people refuse to take no for an answer? Why must they become rude and insulting when told that they are trespassing on private property and are unwelcome?

Is it just me? Or do others find these people to be a nuisance? Or is this just one more product of the decline of society?

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store