Sunday, July 26, 2009

SOAP: God Speaks

SOAP

SOAP {Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer}:
ABOUT SOAP

Scripture: Isaiah 47:10-11

Observation: Humble yourself. Your wisdom and knowledge, your arrogance, create a false sense of security. Quit riding the wave and buckle down. Get to work.

Application: My former boss was a fourteen-year veteran with our company. When I started, he worked for me. He was quite a corporate politician and rose through the ranks quite suddenly in the past three years. He had connections. He felt confident and sure of himself. He was a maverick who got away with doing things his way and bucking company methods. He had those to whom he would "delegate" tasks in order to make his job easier and make him seem more efficient. I was one of those.

I was good at my job, followed policy, achieved results. Until I started working for him. I took on some of his responsibility and felt important, valued. In return, he left me alone to do my own thing.

Doing our own things didn't pay off. It was good for a while, feeling honored and valued, almost beyond accountability. That all ended abruptly two days ago when my boss was fired for not achieving the results expected of him. Fourteen years: over. A wife, kids, and a child support obligation; house payment and other bills. He is in my prayers now.

Last night, as I do every night, I asked God to speak to me and blindly opened the Word. To Isaiah 47. I read. God spoke.
You felt secure in your wickedness. "No one sees me," you said. But your wisdom and knowledge have led you astray, and you said, "I am the only one, and there is no other."

So disaster will overtake you, and you won't be able to charm it away. Calamity will fall upon you, and you won't be able to buy your way out. A catastrophe will strike you suddenly, one for which you are not prepared.
He told me to quit riding down easy street; to quit doing things my own way; to quit feeling honored and important. He told me to get to work. He said He'll tell me when His plans for me change. He rocked my world, and humbled me, and woke me up all at once. He blessed me, and today I feel at great peace.

Prayer: Thank You, Father, for answering prayer, for opening my eyes, for showing me the light! I have heard, and I will obey.

Your comments?

Joe

Maddy's Cancer Battle







No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store