Sunday, October 19, 2008

From American Thinker: A Harvard Trial Lawyer for McCain

From American Thinker: A Harvard Trial Lawyer for McCain:
I would seem to fit the profile of a Barack Obama supporter. For over 20 years I represented investors against brokerage firms. Now I teach at an Ivy League law school. And I went to Harvard Law School. Yet I wholeheartedly support John McCain. Why would a Harvard-educated, Ivy League-teaching, plaintiff-representing trial lawyer support John McCain? What follows will not make me popular at my upcoming 25th law school reunion, but some things need to be said.

Electing a President is a hiring decision, where the stakes are who will best preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. We forget that our legal system does not exist in a vacuum. Our constitutional and political rights can exist only if this nation is safe. Whether I agree with John McCain on each and every issue makes no difference to me. John McCain gets my vote as the person who will keep this country safe, so that we have the luxury of arguing with one another.

Read more at American Thinker.

More points from the Thinker:
  • John McCain is a scrappy fighter.
  • He just won't quit even when things look bleak.
  • He is the guy you want on your side in good times, and more importantly, in bad times.
  • John McCain sticks around long enough to make a difference.
  • John McCain put country before career in supporting the surge in Iraq.
  • John McCain has proven over time that he is his own man.
  • He will be there for the long haul.
  • John McCain loves this country just because.
Your comments?

Joe

No comments:

Average Joe's Review Store